,Dear BarTender Partner
We recently learned of a new malware attack that targets a vulnerability in older releases of BarTender 2016 and certain updates from BarTender 2016 to BarTender 2019. Earlier this year we issued fixes for this security issue. We urge you to notify your customers to update their software as soon as possible if they haven’t already done so
A fresh installation of BarTender 2019 does not have the vulnerability, but if a customer upgraded from BarTender 2016 to BarTender 2019 on the same machine, they may still be affected. The releases of BarTender 2019 R7 and newer specifically include a patch to fix this problem.
Please communicate these instructions to your customers to update their software:
- BarTender 10.1: No Action Needed
- BarTender 2016: Update to the latest BarTender 2016 release (click here)
- BarTender 2019: Customers who updated from BarTender 2016, update to the latest BarTender 2019 release (click here)
- BarTender 2019 Clean Install: No Action Needed
- BarTender 2021 Preview 1 & 2: No Action Needed
Your customers can identify which edition and release of BarTender they are using with this guide (click here).
Your customers can reach our Technical Support if needed (click here).
We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and request that you send this to your customers immediately in order that they make this update to protect their systems.
BarTender®by Seagull Scientific